Continuous Improvement Manager
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Continuous Improvement Manager will partner with functional teams and business units to execute process improvement projects and programs. This position will be responsible for executing Transformation Project work for Globus Medical at the direction of the SVP of Global Operations and in support of the company’s operational strategies. In addition, the CI Manager will be asked to collaborate at all levels of the organization to accomplish Globus Medical’s strategic goals and objectives. Over the long term, this is a developmental opportunity for the right candidate to move into a functional line leadership position.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Executing significant projects that align with Globus Strategic Priorities at all levels of the organization
- Partnering with Executive leadership to identify key projects and to set priorities
- Maintaining detailed records of all Lean Six Sigma (LSS) projects and works with Finance to verify their effectiveness
- Collaborating with directors/staff to ensure correct project, scope, and resource allocation to enable timely execution of projects
- Working cross functionally with leaders in Logistics and Manufacturing to identify areas of opportunity for speed, quality improvement, and cost reduction
- Teaching, coaching, and mentoring others to become proficient practitioners in the tools and methodologies of Lean and project management
- Identifying and developing high potential individuals who can rotate through the CI team
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technical field, Statistics, or Business
- Project management or business analysis experience
- 3-5+ years’ experience with relevant experience leading cross-functional Continuous Improvement project teams
- Advanced ability to conceive and develop a strategic plan and persuade and influence others to execute plan
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Expert knowledge of best practices in the following fields: DMAIC, DMADV, Theory of constraints, Applied Statistics, Kaizen. Minitab and Tableau experience with the ability to teach others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and articulate key presentations to a broad range of individuals including all key executives
- Ability to identify and prioritize key customer issues to be addressed by projects and products
- Ability to recognize implications of business plans and decisions
- Full working knowledge of various software and spreadsheet applications used in process mapping, process design / redesign, and workflow management
- Superior teamwork skills, both as a leader and a team member, combined with a track record of success
- Effective change management skills
- Strong sense of ownership and high level of accountability
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.