Aviation & Powerplant Mechanic
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Aviation and Powerplant / IA Mechanic is responsible for servicing and repairs on two turbo-jet airplanes to ensures they are operating safely and within FAA Part 91 regulations and the manufacturer’s guidelines. The A&P / IA Mechanic is responsible for performing the regular maintenance on the aircraft, trouble shooting and repair of each airplane.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Inspecting and examining aircraft components (de-icing systems, hydraulic systems, landing gear, etc.) for leaks, cracks, breaks or other issues
- Reading and utilizing blueprints, maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs, service bulletins and other maintenance documents to troubleshoot and complete work assignments
- Performing preventive and routine maintenance and repairs, such as the replacement of power plant and aircraft components
- Performing hourly, daily, and monthly inspections to check for cracks, oil leaks, burned areas, foreign object damage, warping, distortions, missing segments and wear
- Completing all tasks in the allotted time frame and to the quality standards of our company and the FAA
- Working within the safety manuals guidelines and keep pilots apprised of safety concerns
- Ordering supplies, equipment, materials and part for repairs and general maintenance
- Keeping detailed records/log books of the inspections performed, repairs finished, maintenance
- Traveling on the road to service aircraft and perform unscheduled maintenance
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) Certificate and Inspection Authorization (IA) Certificate with a minimum 10 years’ experience
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments and adapt quickly
- Well-organized, dependable, self-sufficient
- Willing and able to travel with the aircraft for various periods of time
- Experience with Falcon and or Citation aircrafts strongly preferred; Citation experience a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.