Visual Inspection Team Lead - 2nd Shift
Branch Medical Group, part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them.
Our passion, combined with Globus’ world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Visual Inspection Team Lead will direct their assigned team in order to assist the Secondary Operations Supervisor in achieving daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals set by Management. The main responsibilities of the position include visually inspecting and assembling small machined components.
Hours: 3:30 PM - 12:00 AM
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting in training Visual Inspection staff with deburring and assemblies
- Assisting the visual inspection staff with the work flow
- Visually inspecting machine components using stereo-microscopes
- Assembling lower level components into upper level finished assemblies
- Accurately completing all quality control documentation and inspection sheets
- Following verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, traveler, work instruction, process specifications, sketches, and direction from supervisor in completing a variety of assembly and inspection tasks
- Presenting escalating problems/issues to attention of the Secondary Operations Supervisor
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience; preferably work experience within the medical device industry
- Ability to read part drawings
- Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude; able to use inspection equipment such as, but not limited to micrometers, gages, and calipers
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Well organized, detail oriented and team player
- Excellent communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.