At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for major software modules for our Robotics products. This person needs to have strong architectural and technical skills in software engineering. The position will be a hands-on one with the individual capable of creative and systematic product development with minimum supervision.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing prototypes, proofs of concept in addition to production-quality solutions
- Ensuring efficient performance and scalability of solutions
- Demonstrating a passion for software development, software craftsmanship, and test-driven development
- Understanding of an FDA design control environment
- Contributing to designing, testing and documentation
- Developing software tools to support product manufacturing and service
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience programming in C++
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience developing software tools, utilities, and libraries/components
- Experience using SQL
- Can communicate and breakdown complex technical concepts to non-technical team members and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in small teams
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
The following skill sets are preferred:
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with build toolchains for CMake projects
- Familiarity with C++14 or newer
- Experience writing scripts in Bash, PowerShell or Python
- Experience in Medical Device field
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.