Product Manager, Spine
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Product Manager Trainer will increase the efficiency and quality of product management related output through education and process implementation. This individual will be responsible for the implementation of product development improvements and education across the Globus Medical Product Development Divisions, including the creation of standards and training materials. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership qualities to efficiently interact with a dynamic group of Product Managers and Project Engineers. The position will be a hands-on with the individual capable of creative and systematic implementation of improvements and education under the supervision of the Executive Management Team. The goal of this position is to develop and maintain a world-class Product Development team fostering consistency and collaboration across all product development teams.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reducing development time and increasing quality of output though education and process improvements
- Standardizing and managing Product Manager on-boarding and continuing education
- Mentoring Product Managers to improve their understanding of the industry, market segments and Globus processes
- Developing best practices to help Product Managers organize activities, communication & resources to achieve business objectives in a timely manner
- Supporting product development teams with a wide range of activities such as project plan(s), kick-off meetings, design review meetings, market analysis, Forecasting, Pre-MIP and MIP meetings
- Developing educational and learning methods for product development teams utilizing available tools to:
- Identify competitive landscape
- Improve forecasting and set configuration
- Set competitive pricing
- Create a robust launch plan: who, where, when, how
- Continuously evaluating and implementing improved SpineIT and Business Objects reports
- Developing a curriculum and associated materials for in-house formal product development classroom-based training, online training, and remote training programs as required paired with self-driven learning modules
- Identifying content, course materials and programs for existing employees to develop skills and knowledge for Product Managers and GEMs
- Continuously researching new educational and training techniques, methods, materials and supplies that might enhance training procedures and address product development needs
- Supporting product development teams with a wide range of marketing activities such as project plan(s), kick-off meetings, design review meetings, market analysis, Forecasting, Pre-MIP and MIP meetings
- Partnering with product managers to identify product feature enhancements and product improvements to ensure Globus has the best product offering in industry
- Keeping current on the activities and needs of the medical device industry by attending regular meetings, conferences, and seminars
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- 5-10 years’ experience in medical device or related field in Product Development and/or Marketing in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or the sciences preferred
- Expert knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office; specifically, Word, Excel, Power Point and Project
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to create and confidently deliver effective presentations to multiple size audiences
- Well organized, detail oriented, and team player capable of working in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to travel up to 15-20% of the time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.