Financial Operations Manager
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Financial Operations Manager will lead and manage one of our subsidiaries, Bone Bank Allografts (“BBA"), as well as additional responsibilities related to Fixed Assets. The BBA portion of this role will be responsible for month-end close and analysis including: cost of goods sold, direct & indirect labor, overhead costs, variances, inventory valuation and reserves. The Fixed Asset portion of this role will be responsible for: managing confirmations of worldwide field fixed asset inventory as well as maintaining the valuation of instruments/cases and other fixed assets.
Essential functions of this role include the ability to work closely with management as well as the different Operations departments to determine efficiencies and perform root cause analysis as well as prepare/review monthly financials and plant level reporting. Candidate needs to demonstrate a balance of Manufacturing and Financial expertise. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, detail-orientated, organized and deadline driven. The candidate will also possess strong leadership skills, a “roll your sleeves up” mentality and be able to manage in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- BBA Plant:
- Ensuring accuracy of all sales and manufacturing transactions for month end processing forecasting, analysis, budgeting and communication
- Creating, updating, and analyzing standard costs of manufactured products
- Performing analysis on process yield, utilization, and absorption variances
- Analyzing and approving excess and obsolete reserves
- Analyzing capital projects for their financial impacts on the company and provide recommendations and insight
- Assisting in Annual Budget creation
- Providing insight, contribute and discuss ideas constructively as part of the BBA site leadership team
- Globus Financial Operations (Inventory/Fixed Assets):
- Overseeing Globus Worldwide Field Inventory confirmations as well as maintain control over field inventory transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Reviewing Monthly Fixed Asset Reconciliations
- Ensuring proper controls are established and followed to meet business requirements including SOX compliance
- Keying contact for internal and external audits
- Assisting with system implementations where required
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum five years of cost accounting experience with a manufacturing company
- Extensive experience with Excel commands and functions: PIVOTS, LOOKUPS, IF STATEMENTS, CHARTS, INDEX, MATCH, CONDITIONAL FORMATTING
- Self-Starter with the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to derive energy from facing challenges and provide actionable solutions
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to be objective and use good judgment
- Ability to troubleshoot critical issues in a timely fashion
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking
- Ability to analyze data and provide evidence-based recommendations
- Well organized, detail-oriented team player with proven ability to multitask effectively while adapting to changing priorities
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to drive improvements while working closely with area leadership
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.