Manufacturing CNC Intern
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
Globus is seeking candidates for a CNC Internship at Eagleville location. As a CNC Intern you will be responsible for assisting with our manufacturing processes. This includes learning the processes to operate a CNC machine, quality checks, preventive maintenance and also assisting in the secondary operations that support those processes.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Utilizing CNC equipment including mills, mill-turn and lathes, and production of implants
- Ensuring that all machines and measurement equipment are calibrated regularly as needed and in compliance with Globus’ quality system
- Performing general routine maintenance and servicing machines to ensure smooth, trouble free operation
- Maintaining clean work environment by regular cleaning and upkeep
- Assisting in process / tooling development for manufacturing
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program or technical high school
- General knowledge of CNC machines
- High school diploma
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Well organized, detail oriented and team player
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.