At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Software Engineer will be a part of the rapidly growing spine robotics division. The position will be directly responsible for supporting the flagship ExcelsiusGPS Robotic System and will work cross functionally with our clinical team to continually refine and improve the software in the field. The position will be hands-on and require the individual to be capable of creative and systematic product development with minimum supervision.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing prototypes, proofs of concept in addition to production-quality solutions
- Ensuring efficient performance and scalability of solutions
- Demonstrating a passion for software development, software craftsmanship, and test-driven development
- Supporting clinical testing of software before release to the field
- Contributing to proper medical device documentation
- Interfacing with the clinical team, sales team, and surgeon end users as the representative of the ExcelsiusGPS software team
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1-3 years of professional programming experience or a Master’s degree
- Medical Device and Electrical Engineering experience is a plus
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Experience developing software tools, utilities, and libraries/components
- Experience in UI development especially Qt a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in small teams
- Ability to work on sizeable individual efforts and teams using agile methodologies
- Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, and E-mail
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Will be required to attend labs/surgeries
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.