Model Maker, 3D Printing
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Model Maker, 3D Printing is responsible for prototype fabrication of the company’s Additive Manufacturing product portfolio to support product development. Where needed, the position will provide knowledge and support in the preparation, running and post processing of the additive manufacturing Printing machines. This includes bringing a product from idea/concept through design, prototyping, development, testing, design verification and validation, manufacturing, and product introduction. This individual will also be responsible for maintenance of the machines including calibration, regularly scheduled maintenance, and routine servicing.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Handling 3D raw materials safely and accurately
- Setting up and operating all make and models of 3D Additive Printing Machines
- Setting up and operating CNC Machines where applicable
- Setting up and operating any and all post printing, powder removal processes and machines
- Utilizing CNC and manual equipment including mills, lathes, and EDM for fabricating models, prototypes, test parts, and low volume production of instruments and implants
- Ensuring that all machines and measurement equipment are calibrated regularly as needed and in compliance with Globus’ quality system
- Performing routine maintenance and servicing machines to ensure smooth, trouble free operation
- Maintaining clean work environment by regular cleaning and upkeep
- Assisting in process / tooling development for manufacturing
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- 2 years’ experience in Additive Manufacturing
- Machining / Model making, preferably with medical devices a plus
- Ability to use CNC and manual mills, lathes, and EDM machines a plus
- Creo, Magics, 3D Expert, Mastercam or related CAM experience a plus
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Proven creative skills in design and ability to improve existing designs
- Strong self-starter who can work with little or no supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Well organized, detail oriented and team player capable of meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of computers required (Microsoft Office, Windows, Email)
- Ability to wear PPE for extended periods of time, including helmet, respirator, and heat shroud
- Strong communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.