Branch Medical Group, part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them.
Our passion, combined with Globus’ world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The CNC Programmer is responsible for using the CAM software platform to develop multi axis programs by writing code to produce machined parts and fixtures on (computer numerical control) CNC Mills, Lathes, Swiss Turns, Wire EDM or other similar CNC driven manufacturing equipment.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Planning machining operations by reviewing work orders, models, blueprints, engineering plans, material specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- Programming by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs
- Analyzing drawings, blueprints, and design data to calculate correct part dimension for machines, tool selection, machine speeds, and feed rates
- Running simulation tests to conduct quality testing and correct/improve program code to increase efficiency, quality and safety
- Editing and re-programing existing programs to improve run time efficiency and/or to meet changes to manufacturing plans
- Following the Company’s policies and procedures for Control of Documents and Control of NC Programs when creating, editing, archiving, deleting etc., any files, programs, models, work orders, CAD Sketches etc
- Occasionally setting up and operating CNC equipment as needed to either troubleshoot programs or prove out first piece programs of a complex nature
- Communicating and resolving discrepancies that may cause conflict with the production schedule including, but not limited to, any blueprint or model conflicts, document discrepancies, material questions, missing paperwork, tools, or parts, or any other obstacles which may prohibit you from completing your assignments in a timely manner
- Performing all work in accordance with detail prints, specifications, other specified documents, computer files or oral instructions in conformance with Company standards including budget, safety, workmanship and good housekeeping practices
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or related experience
- Minimum of five years of hands-on experience as a 5-axis CNC Milling or Turning Machinist in a production metal cutting environment; Master cam programming for CNC Milling and Turning
- Complete understanding of the operations of the machines
- Experience in G-code programming – using variables and Macro-B arguments; specialty materials (i.e. titanium, stainless steel, cobalt chrome, PEEK)
- Visual inspection with the use of a microscope on small parts with attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision; well organized and possesses the ability to multi-task
- Team player, open to new ideas and team work, self-motivated individual, willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value
- Excellent communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.