Senior Tax Accountant
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Senior Tax Accountant will be responsible for tax related accounting and compliance responsibilities for Globus. This individual must be able to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where attention to detail, analytical skills and strong communication skills are essential.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparing quarterly International provision
- Preparing and supporting monthly/quarterly international indirect tax computations
- Maintaining transfer pricing documentation and ensure proper compliance
- Partnering with local country consultants with the preparation on local country tax filings; communication will be required outside of normal business hours
- Assisting with the preparation of 5471’s, 8858’s, and other international components of the Federal domestic tax return
- Providing support with audits as they arise
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline; CPA or Master’s in Tax a plus
- 2-5 years of international tax accounting experience
- Well organized, detail oriented and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment
- Able to work in fast paced environment; proven ability to multi-task
- Strong functional knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong knowledge of OTP and OIT a plus
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.