Facilities Maintenance Tech - 1st shift
At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Facilities Technician will provide world-class service with primary responsibility for providing general facility support including continuous monitoring of facility appearance and operations. This position will support our Facility Supervisor and work under his direction in ensuring the care and maintenance of the building.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plumbing and clearing drains; installing outlets, switches, replacing ballasts, replacement of light bulbs, fixtures; wall framing, patching and painting; and assists with mechanical and electrical systems maintenance, roof repairs
- Setting up furniture and taking-down furniture for special events, picking up and dropping off packages and other general duties
- Assisting in ensuring the safety of occupants and building users
- Maintaining tools and equipment in good working order
- Using tools and equipment in accordance to manufacture and safety guidelines
- Performing scheduled preventative maintenance checks
- Watering of plants
- Willing to work occasional evenings or weekends as needed
- Carrying out special projects as assigned by Facilities Supervisor
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- 1+ years of experience in maintenance, construction or general labor
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Strong communication skills; Ability to take initiative and respond quickly to tasks
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.