Senior Quality Engineer
Branch Medical Group, part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them.
Our passion, combined with Globus’ world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Senior Quality Engineer will provide experienced quality assurance support to the product development team, resolving bugs, defects, and other issues and ensuring the product meets customer specifications. The engineer is primarily responsible for providing leadership in achieving the highest quality level of all parts, products and systems while ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures and maintaining compliance with US FDA and international medical device regulations and ISO 13485 quality system requirements.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Mentoring and training junior quality engineers on policies and procedures
- Reviewing design plans, process procedures, test procedures, and quality manuals to understand the scope, requirements, and function of the problem
- Ensuring that products meet the organizations and customers quality and product integrity requirements
- Supporting the product development or operations team by providing analysis and expertise throughout the inspection process
- Identifying root causes of problems in the production process; recommends and/or implements corrective measures
- Analyzing data to identify trends in product quality or defects with a goal of mitigating and preventing recurrence and future defects
- Ensuring manufacturing processes comply with federal, state, local, and industry standards and regulations
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- At least five years of related experience required; supervisory experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn production processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to serve as a liaison with developers, project managers, and customer support
- Thorough understanding of federal, state, local, and industry standards, guidelines, and regulations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.