Laser Marking Operator - 1st Shift
Branch Medical Group, part of Globus Medical Inc., a leading musculoskeletal solutions company, manufactures a wide range of implants for spinal and orthopedic applications as well as to design the instrumentation cases that house them.
Our passion, combined with Globus’ world-class engineering, transforms clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care and understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Laser Marking Operator will be responsible for the setting-up and operating the CNC laser equipment to produce finished goods within the Implants/Trauma department.
Hours: 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accurately completing all quality control documentation and inspection sheets
- Following verbal and/or written instructions such as part drawings, traveler, work instructions, process specifications, and direction from the supervisor in completing a variety of assembly and inspection tasks
- Performing monthly maintenance, which includes changing filters and cleaning the machines
- Working efficiently to achieve targeted goals; embraces Good Manufacturing Practices and inspection techniques each day
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read part drawings
- Knowledge of CAD files is a plus
- Computer literacy, MS Office experience
- Organized, detailed oriented, and possesses the ability to multi-task
- Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to perform visual inspection with the use of a microscope on small parts
- Flexible, reliable, self-starting team player with ability to work with little or no supervision
- Strong communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.